ANPA Fellowship Criteria & Application
Deadline: January 15th of the Annual Meeting year
*Deadline extended to January 30th, 2015.
Fellows may be elected from physicians who have been certified in psychiatry, neurology, neurosurgery, or rehabilitation medicine by the appropriate organization in the United States or Canada; or licensed psychologists. Other physicians, healthcare professionals, or research scientists not in the specialties listed above who have made outstanding contributions to the field of Neuropsychiatry and ANPA will also be considered. Applicants with accreditation from countries other than the U.S. and Canada will have their accreditation reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Membership Committee. In addition, fellows must:
1. Be dues paying regular members of ANPA for no less than 5 years.
2. Have attended no less than 3 annual meetings after becoming a regular member of ANPA.
3. Have demonstrated outstanding service to ANPA in one or more of the following areas of the organization:
a. Chairing and/or serving on an ANPA committee
b. Holding an ANPA office
c. Presenting at the ANPA Annual Meeting
4. Have demonstrated special achievement in neuropsychiatry, behavioral neurology, neuropsychology or the
clinical neurosciences in one or more of the following areas:
a. Academic accomplishment. Examples of such accomplishment include teaching excellence or
significant contribution to the literature relevant to neuropsychiatry. Both the publication of
papers and presentations at national meetings will be considered.
b. Demonstration of leadership in the fields listed above via one or both of the following areas:
1) Clinical practice
2) Community service
5. Have an overall professional reputation and standing, as determined by the Membership Committee, which qualifies a physician or psychologist for this highest category of ANPA membership.
6. Have two (2) sponsors who are Fellows of ANPA. It is the candidate’s responsibility to contact the sponsor and request letters of support. A Fellow may sponsor only two candidates for promotion each year. Their letters need to address the issues of: contributions of the member to the field of neuropsychiatry and how the member has contributed to the goals of ANPA.
Time spent as a junior or trainee member does not count toward Fellowship status; only years as a full member will be considered.
Applicant should submit a current CV, a cover letter that includes details from items 1 - 4 and the two letters of support. Applications will be submitted to the ANPA Membership Committee for review.
If reviewed favorably, they will be sent to the Executive Committee for final approval. Decisions of the Executive Committee are final. The Membership Committee will inform applicants of Fellowship decisions in writing. New Fellows will be announced at the Annual Meeting and in the Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences.
Applications must arrive by January 15th. of the year of the Annual Meeting.
Send application to: email@example.com